This course serves as an introduction to a director’s obligations under the law, as well as the board’s function in risk management and corporate governance. You’ll leave prepared to further your career and confident to face challenges in the boardroom.
This course will provide you with a practical understanding and employable ways to bring best practice to the boardroom, with an emphasis on real-world settings. You’ll develop a thorough understanding of the board’s function in corporate governance and feel equipped to manage stakeholders well while acting in the interests of your organization. The Certificate in Company Direction can be earned by combining this course with other modules.
Delegates gave this course a “Excellent” rating. The maximum number of delegates for this training course will be 8, in order to guarantee that the Company Directors who attend will continue to benefit the most from it.
This training program is intended for company directors, both seasoned and newly appointed, who want to make sure they are abiding by all applicable laws and regulations and that they are aware of and understand both the board’s collective and individual obligations.
You will be able to define, analyze, and evaluate the corporate governance concerns inherent in any business setting after taking the 2 Day Company Board Director Roles and Responsibilities training course. The Companies Act of 2006’s legal requirements, the seven statutory obligations of directors, the most recent edition of the UK Corporate Governance Code, and important provisions of additional offense-specific legislation that will apply to company boards in 2020 will all be explained in detail.
This is a very practical training with in-depth case study discussions that will illustrate typical Boardroom conundrums. It will empower you to carry out your statutory obligations as a Director and make wise Board decisions. There will be advice on a few of the elements that help boards function well.
- Identify the distinctions between direction, management, and ownership.
- Recognize the principal tasks, roles, and legal obligations of the director.
- Create plans for implementing best practices in boardrooms.
- Evaluate the board’s function in corporate governance and enhance the effectiveness of the board
- Recognize the legal obligations and responsibilities that apply to company directors
- Define, examine, and analyze the challenges with corporate governance that are inherent in any business situation.
- Recognize and evaluate how a certain course of action will affect the core concepts and issues of corporate governance.
- Recognize and uphold each of the Seven Statutory Duties of Directors as prescribed by CA2006.
- Recognize the meanings and effects of the designations of Shadow Director and De Facto Director.
- Recognize and abide by all legal and other requirements for directors as set forth in the Companies Act of 2006, the Bribery Act, the Criminal Finances Act, the Health and Safety Regulations, and the Data Protection Regulations. only on the board director-relevant level.
- Recognize the core principles of the Corporate Governance Code as they apply to company directors.
- Gain from educating your staff about the definition and significance of board effectiveness in businesses, especially if it has any bearing on the main goals, values, mission, and vision of your company.
- Concentrate and target your efforts on the protocol and practices of the Board of Directors.
- By ensuring a connection between the board and operational employees, the business may strengthen its synergy, which will raise employee morale and boost productivity.
- Critically evaluate your organizational capabilities in terms of conformity with the aforementioned principles by conducting a gap analysis and performance audit.
- Enhance your performance through increased productivity and enhanced communication with your operational personnel by becoming aware of the effects and long-term benefits of adhering to board norms and procedures.
- Understanding the Board Practice Principles
- Participate in productive discussions about the subject to enhance organizational capability and communication in general.
- Put your knowledge about the effects of board effectiveness in your organization’s context and integrate it.
- Demonstrate knowledge of and comprehension of the key tenets governing the execution of board effectiveness. Training
- Recognize the many individuals, institutions, and organizations that interact with the Board of Directors in an organization, as well as their roles, functions, and responsibilities.
- Determine and assess the primary flaws that contribute to your organization’s board’s inefficiency.
Governance and Board Development Training Highlights
- Trading Organizational Structures
- Laws that Apply and the Regulatory Framework
- Framework for the Constitution and Government
- New proposed corporate laws
Successful Board Meetings
- Agenda for the Board; Policies and Procedures
- Any additional business
- Standards, procedures, and timings for Board Papers
- Committee minutes
- Reviews of meeting effectiveness
- The Board’s main responsibility is to direct rather than manage.
- Delegated Powers and Authority Boundaries
Requirements of the Companies Act of 2006
- Range and Applicability
- 7 Statutory Director Responsibilities
- Director Requirements
- De facto directors and shadowy executives
- Director Obligations
- Independent Judgment Obligation
- Independent Directors
- Promote the Company’s Long-Term Success as Compared to Short- to Medium-Term Director Contracts
- Interest disclosures and director transactions
- Common Errors in Conflicts of Interest Resolution of Conflicts of Interest Relief for Breach of Duties
- Directors’ Appointment and Removal
Who Should Attend
- Senior marketing directors or managers
- Relationship managers and
- Customer relationship managers
- Professionals in customer service, supervisors,
- Team leaders, and managers
- Sales experts, salespeople, and sales analysts
- Entrepreneurs and founders of startups
Trainers Available for:
- In-House Trainings
- Online Training
- 2 Hours Crush Program
- Half Day Program
- One Day Program
- Two Days Full Program
- Power point Presentations
- Engaging conversations
- Case studies
- Exercises in solving problems
- Focus Group Conversations
- Games in Management
- Skits and modeling the part
Request a Quote